One of my favorite restaurants in the cities is Big Bowl. My sister and I typically get the chicken lettuce wraps for quick little appetizer. I whipped these up for my mom and sister this weekend with my own copycat recipe! Fully approved and enjoyed by all! 🙂 FYI just a tad messy and eating it with a fork looks stupid.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Green Pepper
1/3 cup shredded Carrot
1 can sliced water chestnuts
3 chopped chives
1 Bundle Romaine Lettuce
3 servings Rice Noodles
1/2 Tbs grated ginger
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Teriyaki Sauce
1 Tbs sesame oil
2 Tbs Honey Ginger Balsamic
1/2 Tbs Rice Vinegar
Crushed Honey Sesame Cashews (Trader Joes find)
- Chop chicken into small pieces and pan fry. (Olive oil and sesame oil combo, twice as much regular olive oil to sesame oil)
- Once chicken is cooked add sliced peppers, onion, carrots and water chestnuts. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package. I bought mine from Trader Joes in the refrigerated section- just boil for two minutes.
- Add noodles to chicken stir fry mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients for the dressing, add to chicken stir fry mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Wash lettuce and fill the lettuce boats with refrigerated mixture. Top with chopped honey sesame cashews! Enjoy!