Always up before the sun, I like to start my day with something filling and loaded with vitamins and nutrients. This green smoothie bowl may look like blended grass, but I promise if you close your eyes and take a bite you’ll keep digging for more.
Need something to munch on for a mid day snack when or to dunk in your coffee? It’s named muffin for a reason…..meaning you can eat it in the morning with breakfast. The dark chocolate cherry muffin will meet your needs I promise. Fluffy chocolate in my mouth! mhmmmm.
1/2 cup + 3 Tbs Gluten Free Flour (I have Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Baking)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbs Almond Milk
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 mini chocolate chips
2 Tbs Coconut oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Chocolate sauce topping
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate chips
1 Tbs Coconut oil
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
2) In a blender add all wet ingredients, blend. Slowly add in dry ingredients, blend until throughly mixed.
3) Pour batter into six greased muffin tins with liners if you prefer.
4) Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. My oven is incredibly temperamental, so I am constantly checking, but just keep an eye on them.
5) Let muffins cool for at least twenty minutes before putting on the chocolate sauce. Microwave the chocolate chips with coconut oil. Spread on top of each muffin and sprinkle a little bit of sea salt and chopped cherries.
Lately I have been trying to perfect baking muffins and breads with coconut flour ….unsuccessfully. Coconut flour tends to leave things dry and DENSE from my experience. Therefore, I switched to almond flour and gluten free baking flour (brown rice and tapioca flour blend) as a better alternative. These muffins turned out fluffy and rich with flavor instead of the bricks I’ve been making with coconut flour.
(makes 6 medium muffins)
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tbs poppy seeds
1/4 cup milk
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbs almond extract
2 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
lemon zest (optional but really adds punch of flavor)
1. Put all dry ingredients together, mix throughly then set aside.
2. microwave butter and honey together, then whisk in the remaining wet ingredients. (milk, eggs, lemon and almond extract)
3. Stir in dry ingredients slowly until throughly mixed. Grease muffin tin and fill about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. Top with a little honey and lemon zest!
Bananas and peanut butter are a perfect combination in any recipe. Whenever go to Juice Stop for a smoothie I would get the same one……..every single time. Therefore, it made sense to just revamp and create my own and save my poor little wallet the 5 dollars. Sometimes I freeze the smoothie for a few hours so it becomes more of an ice cream. Delicious little treat for the hot summer months.
1/3 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 medium frozen banana
2 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs honey
1/2 cup + 2 tbs milk of choice
Optional toppings- peanuts, dark chocolate chips, coconut, cinnamon or more peanut butter!
1) Add all ingredients into a blender and garnish with toppings! Enjoy. I use a ninja bullet, best purchase I have ever made.